Landscape Newfoundland and Labrador

Achieving excellence in the delivery of services and products across all sectors of the horticultural industry since 1992!

RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYERS


UPDATES


March 30, 2020
75% Wage Subsidy Update 
Businesses and non-profit organizations seeing a drop of at least 30 per cent in revenue due to COVID-19 will qualify for the government's 75 per cent wage subsidy program, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced today. For those companies experiencing a decrease in revenues of at least 30 per cent, the government will cover up to 75 percent of a salary on the first $58,700, which could mean payments of up to $847 a week. The prime minister  encouraged businesses to top up their employees wages with the remaining 25 per cent of their salaries.Trudeau said the number of people a business employs will not determine its eligibility. Charities and companies big and small will qualify and the wage subsidies will be retroactive to March 15, 2020. More details of the program will be unveiled March 31 by Finance Minister Bill Morneau.

March 30, 2020
Trudeau Announces Business Supports 








Employment Insurance

Everything You Need to Know About Employment Insurance


Information about the New Proposed CERB

Program Government introduces Canada Emergency Response Benefit to help workers and businesses


Answers from the Canadian Payroll Association

About Payroll, Lay offs & Employment Insurance Benefits


Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS)

Business Continuity Plan Infectious Diseases


Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB)

COVID-19 Small Business Help Centre


CRA to Provide the Temporary Wage Subsidy for Small Business

The Government of Canada also announced a temporary wage subsidy for employers for a period of three months. Effective immediately, eligible employers are permitted to reduce remittances of federal, provincial, or territorial income tax by the amount of the subsidy. Find out more about the Government of Canada's tax measures to help support those affected by the COVID-19 virus.


Conference Board of Canada (March 20, 2020)

COVID-19 Implications for Canada and the economic impact


Canadian Federation of Independent Business

Small Business Resources for Dealing with COVID-19


For Grower Sector: Seasonal Agricultural Workers

Government Announcement March 20, 2020:

Canada provides update on exemptions to travel restrictions to protect Canadians and support the economy